She was kneeling on a chair at the table, I was behind the kitchen island at the sink. All I heard was a bump, nothing new with her, and then scream/cry. As I walked towards the table I saw she was still kneeling, but more in a face-down, laid-out position on the chair. As I turned her over to comfort her I saw the blood oozing from between her fingers, needless to say I sort of freaked - after all this was my baby girl!
I managed to clean-up the blood, it didn't bleed for much more than the initial gush. Then I was able to assess the cut. My dad told me, the first time Jesse fell and cut open the back of his head, that if you have to question whether or not stitches are needed, most likely they are. If this cut would have been on one of the boys I probably would have slapped some antibiotic & band-aid on and called it good. They would have ended up with a manly scar, one of those tough-guy, proof-of-battle markings.
SINCE this was my girl I knew we needed professional help to minimize the scarring. I had everyone loaded in the van and on our way to InstaCare in just a few minutes - called Bubba to meet me and pick-up the boys, although they wanted to watch over their little sister I knew they would just end up causing chaos.

Lillie was a trooper, the Doctor did a fabulous job stitching her up - 6 stitches in all. I felt bad for the nurse who had to hold Lillie's head still, by the end her arms where shaking. I had to lean on Lillie's legs, torso and arms that were bound to her sides with a folded sheet. Needless to say, she was a bit upset with us after, but a sucker made her quickly forget. Not to mention she fell asleep immediately upon returning home - she was so exhausted from the whole ordeal!

Five days later we returned to InstaCare to have the stitches removed and the scar isn't much to notice, thank goodness! Glad we've gotten this one out of the way!
3 comments:
Awww, poor baby!
OH NO !!!! I'm so sorry...I'll bet that was super scary.
You should have taken her to primary's....they would have given her something to relax her so that you wouldn't have had to traumatize the little thing.
Poor baby girl !
Glad her head is ok...it looks GREAT !
KJ - you know, if I was a kinder mom I'd drive all that way. They did give me that option - I declined since we'd been through the drill with Malcolm last November. I wasn't worried about her being in pain, that was all good. I just didn't know she'd hate being bound, held down as she could pretty much see every stitch he was making. She's good, what doesn't kill us makes us tougher!
Post a Comment