Friday, November 18, 2011

Oatmeal . . .

I haven't been able to sell this as breakfast in my house.
But tonight, cold and snowy, late night, after 10PM and the WHOLE family is still up . . . this sounded like the cure for an oatmeal craving someone had.
I have a child with food texture issues, so he doesn't like this anytime, anywhere . . . Sam, I Am.

Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
(I halved the recipe for our late night snack)
3c Quick Cooking Oats
1/2c Brown Sugar
1c Milk
2T Butter, melted
2 Eggs
2t Baking Powder
3/4t Salt
2t Vanilla
1/2c Peanut Butter
Mix all ingredients together well. Spread in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Can serve with milk poured over. (credit to Lynn's Kitchen Adventures)



1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

oh yeah...so you made cookies. LOVE those.
Or is it, peanut butter bars without the chocolate frosting ? :) ha ha ha
When I make oatmeal at my house my kids LOVE it. Wanna know why ? I put butter and SO much sugar in it.
It's not good for them...but hey. They're eating oatmeal :) ha ha

Glad it worked. I hope it keeps them eating it.