Friday, June 13, 2008

Esotropia anyone?

Little Lillie's now endearing cross-eyedness will soon be resolved with surgery. It's a muscle thing, Strabismus not Amblyopia - I had to check on Web MD just to make sure I understood everything her WONDERFUL Pediatric Ophthalmologist had said. He is a very fast talker. Here is a picture of Lillie and her youngest cousin - this was the most recent and noticeable picture I have of her right eye turning in. Granted she is looking slightly to the left and her right eye would be turned in, but you can tell the right eye is pulled in much tighter to the center.












I'm almost scared that it will somehow change her personality as well as her looks. I do know that it's needed to offer her full use of her sight and that now in her development is better than later. We'll see, pardon the pun!

No comments: