Saturday, December 19, 2009

My name is Kristen and I am a Facebookoholic. I know that is my reason for not blogging, although I long to blog. I know it means that my net book is in my lap during the babies nap time and while we watch the "Goodnight Show" before bed. I'm in trouble, self imposed trouble. I don't feel I can justify the time or undone chores any longer. What does that mean, really? Nothing drastic, just changing my focus from Facebooking to Blogging, for now. I also would like to master my camera, backup the photos on my computer, start digital scrap booking . . . reading, keeping up with my household chores, etc.

I realized again today that Facebook was overtaking my life. I found a dear friend from 20 years ago and I have been obsessed with the contact for the past 24 hours. I feel guilty for obsessing, I am a grown woman and shouldn't obsess. It's made me a little giddy today. It has stirred up feelings that must have been there 20 years ago. I have to figure out where to put them now. It is not a bad thing, finding this friend, it's a very good thing, this is a very good, responsible, sweet, fun friend. I just need to fast forward the relationship 20 years so it has an appropriate place in my heart.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

The same thing happened to me this past summer. Took a little while to get the "appropriate place" situated, but now that the relationship is put there, it's been a very happy find. I just spent part of July feeling like I was 13 again. Which is not a BAD thing per say when you are cough cough, 37! :)

Torrico Family said...

I believe this condition is extremely contagious....and addictive!!! I have the same problem...even when there is nothing left to do on FB....I will find something...like farming...or cafe running! Ugh....and my blog is a couple or so months behind...while my photo and music files are all out of order and duplicated in many cases! However...my house is clean..so I tell myself it is ok....lol....but honestly! There are other more productive things I could be doing...anyway just to let you know...you're not alone!

Kim