Happy Birthday Bryan!
I love my siblings. I don't understand families lacking the dynamics we have. I admire each of my siblings. Everyone of them is fabulous in their own way. We are all so different, yet we have so much still in common. It just works for us. And if it's not working, we argue talk it out.
We grew up with parents who didn't fight our battles we had with each other, we had to work it out. Our mom made it clear that past crap stays in the past. You can't end an argument by bringing up past crap. We also heard on occasion, "Hurt feelings are a luxury you cannot afford." We learned to forgive. We learned to love and accept each other. We learned that family would always be there, our friends wouldn't. Even now my siblings are my best friends.
I was 4 when my brother was born. I remember feeding him bottles. I remember we shared a room and entertained each other at bedtime, before crashing to sleep.
I remember that by the time he was about 13 I was looking up to him. I always wished we would have been closer in age.
I remember bike rides with him to the mall, Smith's (when it was in North Logan), and Kmart. I remember that I was usually the one paying for the treats, as he was tight with his money.
I remember driving up from Salt Lake City to see him play high school football.
I remember being so proud of him when he decided to go on a mission and then being jealous of him getting to go to Sweden.
I remember being excited for him to walk-on the
I remember that by the time he was about 13 I was looking up to him. I always wished we would have been closer in age.
I remember bike rides with him to the mall, Smith's (when it was in North Logan), and Kmart. I remember that I was usually the one paying for the treats, as he was tight with his money.
I remember driving up from Salt Lake City to see him play high school football.
I remember being so proud of him when he decided to go on a mission and then being jealous of him getting to go to Sweden.
I remember being excited for him to walk-on the
USU football team just a couple months after returning from that mission. I remember watching as he got his bell RUNG at the Spring Blue & White Scrimmage, ouch! I remember him telling me about his football friend, Bubba, who he and my mom eventually lined me up with. I remember him being the go-between when I revealed some life altering information to my then new love, Bubba. I remember my brother still wanting me at his wedding festivities, even though I was unmarried, 36 weeks pregnant and swollen, fighting preeclampsia.
I remember him and his new wife, being so supportive and listening to my story about the birth and adoption placement of a big, beautiful baby boy. I remember double dates and dinners with my brother, his wife, Bubba and I. I remember being sad when he and his wife moved so far away to Michigan, but visiting them made it worth it. I remember being so proud of both their endeavors in Michigan. I remember being excited for each of their boys to be born.
I still look up to my brother, literally and figuratively. He is my hero for many reasons.
He's my brother.
I remember him and his new wife, being so supportive and listening to my story about the birth and adoption placement of a big, beautiful baby boy. I remember double dates and dinners with my brother, his wife, Bubba and I. I remember being sad when he and his wife moved so far away to Michigan, but visiting them made it worth it. I remember being so proud of both their endeavors in Michigan. I remember being excited for each of their boys to be born.
I still look up to my brother, literally and figuratively. He is my hero for many reasons.
He's my brother.








1 comment:
i love it...but i don't know where to begin...thanks for posting that disgusting picture of me from the wedding. and i love the white christmas tree with the pastel bows...gotta love mom and her trees. anyway...happy b-day bee-j.
Post a Comment