Friday, October 8, 2010

Can You Hear Me, Knocking on Wood . . .

I feel like I jinxed it. I told a friend about the healthiness we experienced last year, illness as in virus-wise did not seem to touch us. That apparently jinxed our well-being. Not a good thing. Not a good thing when I have one child in school, one child in preschool 3 days a week, an older toddler at home with me day in and day out AND babysit an older & younger toddler 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. Not to mention the mom & dad in this family who stress, work, stress about nearly everything right now.

This cute boy, Jesse, pictured here with the cutest baby in Canada, Kenya Jade. Anyway, this sweet, smart, kind, happy-go-lucky boy has been ornery, snippy, grouchier-than-Oscar for the past two days. He comes to me this afternoon with squinty eyes, and furrowed brow tells me his heart hurts (chest), and by my visual assessment so does his head and because of a Dr. appointment a little over a month ago, I asked about his throat and he agreed that was a little sore. BAM! just like that he's been hit twice in as many months as he's been in school with some nasty virus. He wasn't even sick twice last school year and this nasty bug got him again. Hopefully he is feeling well enough to make the three days of school before track break next week. He's already had four sick days, in the first two months of the school year!

This cute boy, Malcolm, in all his self-portrait glory, comes to me tonight, after not eating his dinner and tells me his throat hurts. Ah Man! Another one down, at least it's at the same time. And at least he doesn't have school until Tuesday. Looks like he and Jesse will be enjoying each others company, watching plenty of TV, playing their DS's, bugging each other, fighting . . . it's going to be a long weekend for me. Can you give kids Nyquil . . . I may have to check into that.

No complaints from this one . . . that's why the racket, knocking on wood. Knocking on wood.

2 comments:

chelle. said...

oh...my babies. give them loves from me. i wish i could come help you. but i don't want to get sick. at least not until wednesday. :)

Julie said...

I hope they are feeling better. It's no fun being sick again and again. Poor boys!