 |
| Up at the crack-o-dawn, looking a little sleepy, but definitely happy. (too bad mom couldn't get in focus) |
My oh my! Finally here, after a year, another birthday for our Baby Girl. And tonight as I contemplate the day, it's going to be a long year, waiting for number five. I am avoiding, wishing I could put off, my birthday, like the plague and she's counting down every day. My friend Karen who asked, "why?" about my 17-month calendar, this is why, so Lillie can physically see her birthday for next year, coming, ever so slowly coming. Well, number 4 was a blast. It fell in the odd, off, non-friend birthday party year. Lillie didn't seem to mind. It was a party, all day anyway. Friends coming with presents, little "bonus" gifts which she totally loved.
The boys made her cards, late the night before . . .
 |
| Card made by brother Jesse ~ "Bow to the 4 year old Birthday Princess!" |
 |
| "Happy Birthday! I hope you have the best birthday ever, Birthday Princess! (ps. I'd like some of your cake.)" |
 |
| Card made by brother Malcolm ~ "I like your Birthday I think its going to be a fun day" |
 |
| Mystery gift. Doll diapers. |
 |
| Laundry room for her doll house. |
 |
| New dining room for her doll house. |
 |
Excited for this one. Won't be here until next week.
We opened presents before breakfast. She received new furniture for 3 rooms in her Loving Family dollhouse. She received a picture of a Dora Jeep Ride-on. She has been asking for a Jeep ride-on as long as she could talk. I figured we needed to just do it. It was hard for me to justify that much on a birthday present, but I know what it's like to want, never get & regret a little. So my heart won out over my logic. Her ride-on should be here sometime next week, then watch out everyone in the neighborhood! She was a little excited about the fact it's coming, but I'm sure that she'll be breathless when it's actually here. She also received a new baby doll. Lillie loves her babies. She has wanted a Baby Alive, I'm sure my thoughts on that doll are the same as my mom when I wanted the doll that would pee & poop and I never got it. This one just drinks out of a sippy, has a tube of toothpaste, and a toothbrush. . . I figured that along with the peeing, reinforcing my child's good dental hygiene wouldn't hurt. She loves her newest baby.
|


After opening presents we went to breakfast, currently a tradition in our family. Lillie was sung Happy Birthday to by three of the staff at IHOP . . . seemed like they were the only ones there besides the cooks. You wouldn't know it by her blank, non-smiling face, but she was thrilled.
We then got Jesse to school, on time and dad off to work and at 1000AM headed to the park in Tuscany for Lillie's soccer. Our sweet, sporty, former neighbor has been putting on these soccer camps for the past year, possibly two. It's an hour, once a week for ten weeks. Lillie has improved her balance and coordination so much. She loves being competitive like her brothers. I love that Lisette is teaching her the basic fundamentals of the sport in a super fun way. Lisette was so considerate of it being Lillie's birthday and even planned a game of "blow out the candles" for the kids. It was like having a birthday party without me having to plan or put it on.





After soccer we headed back home for lunch, arrival of the kids I babysit and sending Malcolm off to school. Alicia, whose kids I watch, made and sent cupcakes and a present for Lillie. A bit later Lillie's buddy across the road brought a present too. Lillie was so thankful and loved those "extra" presents. Lucky girl! She spent the rest of the afternoon playing and talking about her birthday, just a little obsessed about it being her day. It really will be a long year.
Lillie has been asking to go to Airborne, ever since her brothers went without her and talked about how much fun they had. So I took Lillie, Malcolm & Jesse for an hour of trampoline bouncing and tricks. We ended up staying for just over an hour. The kids were worn out and hungry. Lillie's last request of her day was to go to McDonald's for dinner, mostly because of the play place. I look forward to the kids getting more mature and requesting tastier places to eat for their birthday. All in all it was a wonderful day for Lillie, so much so that she told me this morning, the day after, that today is her birthday too. yay.
 |
| Dodgeball pit. |
 |
| ew! Sweaty. |
4 comments:
You are so good at blogging. What a fun day she had! And what a cute thank you card she brought over this morning
LOVE the pictures. but that her brother called her the birthday princess. uuuh. how sweet is that.
She is def loved.
Happy Birthday princess.
I can't believe she's 4.
i'm still sad i wasn't there.
and i suck for not calling...but i figure i can extend the celebration until the 20th...hahaha.
the picture of her with the baby alive is my absolute favorite...she looks so freaking happy.
happy b-day baby girl.
thanks Jamie, I sure am trying :)
Karen, Jesse made a card first and as he usually is, was sweet about it. I think Malcolm felt like he'd look bad if he didn't make her something too. He and Lillie have a love-hate thing going on.
Chelle, I don't think she even noticed. She too into her peeing baby and waiting for the damn jeep to arrive. She is looking forward to the play and especially the sleepover with you.
Post a Comment