My mom is awesome.
She is awesome in so many ways.
I wanted to share one of those ways. She has always amazed me with her many talents. I was cheated and never inherited any of her wonderful talent or creativity. I always said that I inherited my dad's football body and love for sport instead. That still holds true. Now that I am a mom, I am even more amazed at everything she can do. Everything she can do amazingly.
One of her passions is quilting. Now it isn't the type of quilting where you sandwich a blanket of batting between flannel, sew up the sides and tie the middle with rows of brightly colored yarn knots. That's the type of quilt I wish I could make. This is quilting that is multiple blocks, with sometimes many pieces of fabric, sewn together in a pattern.
The detail that can be in some of these quilts is breath-taking. If you get to the State Fair, go check out the quilting exhibit. Some of those quilts will blow your mind. These are similar to the type of quilts my mom makes. I love them because I know that I will never, probably ever, be able to make anything like them. I don't have the patience, attention to detail, and many other creative qualities.
I love that my mom has chosen to shower us with these pieces of art. Everyone she gives us has a story, love that. We currently have a total of 9 quilts made by my mom in our house. I know that she's working on at least one other for a member of my family. I hope she always thinks of us when she is looking for a home for a quilt. I love my mom.
Here are the quilts we currently have in our home:
 |
| "I Thought I Saw Pinwheels" ~ throw quilt |
 |
| "Lucky Charms" ~ Jesse's baby quilt |
 |
| "Rainbow" ~ Kristen's queen size quilt |
 |
| ~ Dave's king size quilt |
 |
| ~ Malcolm's baby quilt |
 |
| ~ Lillie's baby quilt |
 |
| "Safari" ~ Jesse's full size quilt |
 |
| "Aloha" ~ Lillie's twin size quilt |
 |
| "Sailboats" ~ Malcolm's full size quilt |
2 comments:
Your mom is AMAZING !
My mom can do this....doesn't but can :)
I still have quilts that my grandma made for me. 1 has been used. the other. never. :)
I just can't do it after all of that work.
Those blankets are beautiful and SO much work. You are all very lucky !
. . . oh but Karen! Quilts are supposed to hug you and give back to you all the love put into them. I am finding these quilts my mom has made are so well made that they actually last longer than anything I buy.
Post a Comment