We had the privilege of having our favorite person in the world, Jesse's birth-mom stop by for an overnight visit on her road-trip from California to Virgina. She's quite the free-spirit, oh to be young & single!
She arrived late Saturday night, I let Jesse stay up, the other two kids crashed, exhausted early. It's always so much fun to see her, especially fun to see Jesse interact with her and super-duper fun for me when Jesse complains about our parenting to her and yet she backs up our decisions and rules. No fantasy for Jesse around here.
She came bearing gifts for the kids, as usual. It's always next to Christmas for all three kids, not just Jesse, when she comes to visit. I think that's amazing. Even though she's only Jesse's birth-mom, she treats Malcolm and Lillie no different, no less loved. I adore her for that, too.
Can't wait until we get to see her again, even if it is just skyping!



3 comments:
love it...and lillie's horse dress.
and i love how you can see their likeness...
So so cool!
He looks so much like her.
What a great mom you are to keep an open adoption. I think it's a wonderful thing for all of you !
I'd like to hear more about the free spirit part ? ;-)
Post a Comment