Thursday, August 14, 2008

Almost Forgot Our Late Night Visitor

We had a wonderful, unexpected visit of sorts from our dear friend, Aunt as Jesse so lovingly calls her, Liz! To quote the text I received at 8:21PM on July 11th, "So I'm on my way to spokane for a wedding and I got rerouted I'm in SLC! Wish I was coming to stay!" I sent her a text back that if she was stuck in SLC for any lengthy amount of time to let me know and we'd get the kids out of bed and be there as soon as we could.
8:59PM she called to say her flight had been delayed for at least another hour - I got the kids up, Jesse was especially excited since he had just been talking (therefore thinking) about her a few days before. We hung out at the furthest end of baggage claim and we got to enjoy her for a short, but well worth it, time. Pictures of the group and kids with her -










Since we were all up anyway, going on 11:00PM, we just had to stop at Sonic on the way home - Malcolm was thrilled!

No comments: