Tuesday, September 21, 2010

On a lighter note . . .

I feel like I've been in a fog, a somber fog for the past two & a half days. The wildfire that raged around the hillside neighborhoods of Herriman, rocked me to my core. I am so grateful for miracles. Miracles that happen every day in my life. I need to take the time, "change [my] perspective", to recognize and thank my Heavenly Father for each of them. I am so grateful for friends. I am so grateful for my family. I am so grateful for my religious roots. All that out, I wanted to bring in a little light. She's a darn cute light too.

For about a week before her birthday she said she wanted a bike and a "tar" for her birthday. We had the bike covered. I thought the "tar" she wanted was an electric ride-on, the cost of that was was way outside of our birthday budget. I kept telling her she might have to ask Santa for Christmas, and maybe even wait until next year.

Birthday rolls around and she's obsessed with the bike. Loves her bike. I'm thinking the "tar" idea was pushed to the back of her mind. My parents had sent Lillie a gift-card for Target, she mentions she wants to get a "tar". I set out explaining that the cost of the "tar" is a lot more than the amount of her gift-card. In trying to explain, I look up online Fisher-Price electric ride-ons, set her on my lap and ask her which one she wanted. In a frustrated tone of voice she says, "No mom! I want a "tar", a "tar" like Laurie Berkner!"

Laurie Berkner is our favorite children's musical artist. Lillie loves to sing-a-long with Laurie Berkner and apparently Lillie felt she needed a GUITAR to truly emulate her idol. I laughed when I realized exactly what she wanted. Just a guitar, whew! So, long story shortened, Lillie has her "tar" and loves it. I may have to look into how early I can start her on lessons.



2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey if you find a place that does lessons for little ones please let me know. I have called around to a couple of places but they all start lessons at the age of 10. My 5 year old is obsessed and would love to learn to play the guitar.

chelle. said...

i so stinking love these pictures of her...she's so adorable.

ps. maybe check craigslist for someone to teach...you could even post an ad that you are looking for someone.