Pretty uneventful day. We woke up again to clouds and drizzle. I know the clouds roll in daily, but I don't remember the rainy mists the last time we were here. Spotted many, many snails and their silvery trails.
There was lots of TV and movie watching today, especially by these two boys.
It's Sunday too. A day of rest. I am anticipating the next four days full of activity and excitement. Better rest up while I can. Isn't that what a vacation is about anyway? Right. But not really if the kids are with you. But I love vacationing with my family. I love how excited my kids are to spend time with their cousins. Or kids so darn cute it's hard to not take a picture, of course I'm biased.
This afternoon Dave took five of the seven kids for a drive down the Pacific Coast Highway. He ended up stopping in Laguna Beach and they spent some time wading in the waves. Lillie came back with her skirt completely soaked and exclaiming that she almost lost her flip flops in the surf. Malcolm came home in trouble for kicking the back of his cousin's seat in the car. Through his tears he exclaimed that he was going to have a shower, at 4:PM in the afternoon. I instead put him and Lillie into the "big" tub with lots of bubbles. They loved it.
Jesse even took advantage of the huge tub and bubbles, snagging it to himself after the two younger ones were done.
We were anxiously awaiting the arrival of my sister Rachelle tonight. Now the full extent of our party'ing can commence! Pulled off one of the two dinners I am in charge of. Menu consisted of turkey meatballs with gravy, roasted potatoes, green salad, and buttered carrots. Now I am full and tired.
Beach day tomorrow . . . by the way, perfect weather, in my book, all week.





No comments:
Post a Comment