Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. -John F. Kennedy
Windy, Wet, Muddy, and Cold!
I really don't remember a Memorial Day with such extreme weather.
There was beauty in the day though. The green everywhere is breathtaking.
Air outside is crisp, sort of Autumn-like.
Believe me, I am not taking this cool weather for granted, I know in a few short weeks I'll be moaning & groaning about how hot & miserable I am.
Tradition must be carried on and it mainly falls on the shoulders of my sister, Chelle and I. Flowers placed on the graves of my paternal grandparents, paternal great-grandparents, favorite paternal great-aunt & uncle and maternal grandfather. I love being at each of their graves and able to reminisce about each of them. I love sharing stories with my kids. Today there wasn't much grave-side reminiscing. It was just too windy, wet, muddy & cold.
![]() |
| Jesse posing alone at the grave of his Great-Grandpa & Grandma Cranney |
Because it was so chilly, it was nearly impossible to have any of my kids pose for pictures. But you betcha, Chelle and I were just too willing to fill-in for them.







No comments:
Post a Comment