Sunday, May 1, 2011

Secret Friend . . .



1 May, 2011


Dear Johnson Kids,


I hope this letter finds all of you healthy & happy on this beautiful May Day. Spring has been especially cold & stormy this year. I am sure you are looking forward to the summer & all the events that have been planned for you throughout the next year. Tell your grandparents, now in Las Vegas hello from me as it has been many, many years since I've visited their home. Your mom remembers many of the things I brought for her on May Day. I love seeing how much you've grown over the past year. You are all such wonderful kids.


Jesse, as the oldest child in your family, I know your parents ask you to do many things. You are a big help to them & they appreciate all you do for them. I know you love your sister very much & are very kind to her. I also know you love your brother very much, but sometimes find it hard to be nice with the things he may say or do to get your attention. He loves you & really wants to be just like you. Please try to be more patient with him. Try to give him just a little more of your time & attention every day. Malcolm will always be your brother so he should also be your very best friend. You are such a good friend. There are many in your school & neighborhood who look up to you. Not only because you are so tall, but because you are a smart & kind person. You are so good at so many sports. I hope you continue to take every opportunity to exercise & play the sports you love the most. I like how you have taken action in keeping your body healthy & strong. Eating the right foods & staying away from the things that aren't good for your body. You are developing great habits that will last your whole life. You are so smart. I am so impressed with your two honor roll awards this past term. Continue to read as much as you can. The world is so amazing & you can learn so much about it by reading books. Continue to practice with your math flashcards, you will soon be just as great at math as you are in spelling & reading. 


Malcolm, you are growing-up so fast & are so smart. You can make so many people laugh with your jokes & your laughter. You are so good at soccer & tennis, I hope you continue to learn & improve your skills in sports. I don't know if I've seen anyone play harder than you. You are so fast & strong. You are such a good helper to your mom & dad, most of the time. Sometimes I know it is hard to do chores, but doing your chores helps out your parents & makes them want to do really nice things for you. I know you love your sister & brother, but sometimes you aren't very kind though, are you? I know they can bug you & make you mad, but hitting & fighting is not the right thing to do. I will be watching your actions over this next year & I expect to see an improvement in the way you treat your brother & sister as well as your friends. I don't like to see hitting, punching or kicking. I know you will do your very best to stop this behavior. You graduate from preschool this month, you must be so excited! You are so smart, your teacher, Miss Tricia, loves you very much & says you are one of her very best students. I know you are ready for kindergarten. I hope that you will be a best friend to everyone & be respectful to your teacher. Won't it be fun to get to walk home with Jesse every school day? I know this year will be your best year ever!


Lillie, you are one of the smartest & determined little girls I know of. You are beautiful. You are kind & caring to your brothers. Try to not argue with your brother Malcolm so much. It makes your mom & dad sad when you fight with your brothers. You have some of the best friends ever! Continue to be nice to everyone. Your parents love you very much & they are so grateful for all the things you do to help them around the house. I know you can make your bed, clean-up your room & help put away the dishes. I am sure that there are other things you can do too. You are learning how to play soccer & you are so good at it! Continue to run & play outside. I've seen the great somersaults & flips you can do. Maybe your parents will sign you up for gymnastics, would you like that? You have a few more years before you start school like your brothers, but I heard that your mom wants to be part of a co-op preschool this next year for you. I know you will be well behaved & learn lots. Have a really fun summer, I hope you learn to swim!


Kids, as you can see I have brought you fun, new summer outfits. It may be too cold right now to wear them outside, but give it a week or so & things will be warming up. Also, I've given you a little something that I thought you might like. I hope I chose right for each of you. I hope you have the best summer & year ever. Remember to be kind, share, love and take care of each other, I will be watching & talking to your parents. Have a very happy May Day!


I love you,


Your Secret Friend






May Day Secret Friend gifts for the kids.


Jesse ~ shirts, shorts & ds game.


Lillie ~ two dresses, shirt, shorts & soccer ball.




Malcolm ~ two shirts,  two shorts & ds game.

1 comment:

chelle. said...

i love it.
love.
i got a little teary.
so glad you did this.